Re: [T3] Beam clamp wanted

In a message dated 9/26/13 4:38:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gbforsmo@gmail.com writes:

> Thanks for the quick response.
>  I won't know the condition of the Axle Beam, under the Rubber Bushing and
>  Clamp until it's disassembled.
>
>  Questions:
>  1)  Are the right- and left-hand Clamps identical?
>  2)  Have you ever replaced a Clamp that is INSTALLED IN the car without
>  completely removing the Axle Beam?
>  Jim thought the one (1) vertical, bolt MAY be impossible to remove
because
>  of its location.  And probably badly rusted, also.
>  Do you have to remove the fuel tank to get at it?  Is there a welded in
nut?

Gary, take a look in this guy's thread. He swapped out the beam clamps on
his car with some better ones (page 3 or 4).
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=550686

Bob 65 Notch S with Sunroof and IRS, aka "Krusty"
       64 T-34 Ghia aka "Wolfie"</HTML>