Re: [T3] Beam Clamp Wanted...

If the beam was hit with a lube job, would any rusted holes behind the clamp rubber become evident by grease oozing out?    If so...well...time for a new beam, unless there's some way to do some welding to cure the rust situation.  CAN such welding be done what with the grease, and torsion bar, inside?

  The rust that killed my axle beam a few months ago was at the end...near where torsion bar enters the beam.   Lucky I had a spare...the last one.

As for installing a new (or "new") clamp, a little grease on the rubber donut on top helps if it doesn't want to slide into position.

Subject: [T3] Beam clamp wanted

I have a bunch of good ones, but if that clamp is rusted out, its very
likely the beam is all rusted out under the rubber bushing too.

Keith --

Thanks for the quick response.
I won't know the condition of the Axle Beam, under the Rubber Bushing and
Clamp until it's disassembled.