Re: [T3] Crabby Carbs

I get the impression that your problems are changing in ways that
aren't really related to the carb changes you're making. That make me
wonder if the cause is something outside the carbs. How about some of
these possibilities? There must be others, but this is what I can
think of at the moment.

Ignition related:

Check the SP connector resistances.
Good

Check the rotor resistance.
Good

Fouled plugs? I know that's really rare these days, but if this seems
to be warmup related, try another set.
Could be that that happened when I had the rich jets in it, but it idles and
runs at light throttle so well....

Could the coil be failing? Try another.
Did that the last time I had this problem, I suppose I should swap that out
again.

Could the points pivot be sticky? Put a tiny drop of oil on it.
If that's the '65 dist, polish the points pivot shaft.
Rebuilt distributor, new Bosch points, all seems well.

Intermittent electrical power from the ig sw to the coil? Vibration
related?  Only gags when I put my foot into it... doesn't seem related to
that.

And, in the fuel related arena:

Low fuel delivery due to a clogged filter screen? Watch the fuel
pressure under load, while you're experiencing the trouble. Is there
a filter in this pump, as well as the one at the tank outlet.

There is a filter in the pump, I suppose this could be an issue, I should
probably put a gauge on it to make sure im not losing pressure. It gags as
soon as I put my foot into it though, not like the bowl is draining out
first.....

That's all I can think of. It could be one of these, or it could be
something else. I'm just trying to make the point that it's dangerous
to assume the problem is where you expect it to be.

True, its an intermittent miss now, would seem to be ignition related but I
would think that would be more over the whole throttle range.  It did just
this thing before I jetted up the carbs in June, it ran great for quite a
while but not perfect, still a bit lean so I put even richer jets in it and
it ran OK for a while on those but then things went down hill rather
quickly....

The right carb was pulled and totally cleaned out, same problem so its not
that...  maybe left?  I may try a couple of your suggestions before I dig
into that one too.

Thanks,

Keith